What will we see in the next 100 years?
As predicted by the Lab_13 Irchester Management Committee.
Inspired by an article in the BBC News Magazine, Rick from Ignite asked us on twitter “I wonder what young scientists in #lab13 would predict for the next 100 yrs?”. So, these are just some ideas we brainstormed over our lunchtime.
1. Google implants in everyone’s head so no need for books etc. People will be able to close eyes and search for information about everything from weather to train timetables etc.
2. All energy used will be generated from renewable sources. Fossil fuels will no longer exist.
3. Cars will run on something apart from electricity.
4. Space travel will be developed and become even faster so that we will be able to holiday on Keppler22b.
5. Giant floating greenhouses will orbit the earth to provide fruit, vegetables and cereals. Also similar floating fields will be used to keep animals.
6. Rubbish will be dissolved and the liquid treated and used as fertiliser in the giant orb greenhouses.
7. Smart Contact lenses will change focus depending on what is being viewed.
8. No power cuts ever.
9. Humans will become super adapted to their professions.
10. ALL SCHOOLS WILL HAVE A LAB_13! We think this one will help the rest of them come true!