- Irchester’s Experiments for the 8-12th June!
- Friday 22nd May, Lab_13 Birthday: Science Party Cake! What ingredients do we need?
- Thursday 21st May, Lab_13 Birthday: Science Party Music!
- Wednesday 20th May, Lab_13 Birthday: Science Party Games – in Space?
- Tuesday 19th May, Lab_13 Birthday: Science Party Hats – a competition!
Click an interesting tag!
- Careers in STEM
- Chick eggs
- Citizen science
- Dads club
- Lab_13 Ghana
- Lab_13 Gillespie
- Lab_13 Irchester
- Lab_13 Lectures
- Management committee
- Primary science
- Science Cinema
- Science Writers
- University of Northampton
Monthly Archives: July 2014
At Irchester, Roxy gave some quail eggs to the lab to hatch. After just two weeks of incubating the first quail hatched. We now have 3 lovely little quail chicks. However, one of these chicks (the little stripy one) has … Continue reading
As part of our Dirty Stinky Children project we want to know all about microorganisms – the good, the bad and the ugly! We have learnt a lot about infections and diseases, rotting and decomposing and how our bodies protect … Continue reading
We swabbed different parts of the school searching for bacteria. To do this we had to make agar gel.The way this works is the bacteria feeds on the glucose in the nutrient agar which makes them grow into a colony … Continue reading
On our table the topic was the T in STEM – technology. We think that technology is becoming way more important in school and with coding and computing being in the news a lot. We discussed how our schools and … Continue reading