We have made this Giant Bug Hotel in our Wildlife Area. It is over a meter tall and will be home to lots of wildlife from the area while they hibernate for the winter or just want to call it home.
As you can see we have many types of habitats in our Giant Bug Hotel.
- Stones, bricks and old roof tiles for amphibians (frogs and newts etc)
- conkers, dry leaves, fir cones and bits of bark for insects
- bundles of garden canes, bamboo and small pipes for solitary bees
- larger pipes and space for mammals at the bottom (hedgehogs)
- dead woods and dry sticks for other insects
- we will be adding some potted plants and mosses for extra shelter and insulation
Thank you to all our helpers who worked hard afterschool to make this.