Full details of eco house competition!
To help with this competition, there will be two special judges, who are part of Green Team. They are Danny and Kiri in Y4 – which is us, and we are writing the blog this week!
Here are some more guidelines, and a few ideas to get you started.
Eco House Competition Rules
- Work in a group of 1 -4
- Family can help, but give them credit (include all names)
- It might be helpful to draw both the inside and the outside of the house
- Your house must…
- at least have a door, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
- be as eco-friendly as possible, which means that it doesn’t harm the environment
- be creative and inventive – you could use your imagination to invent something that doesn’t exist yet!
Your house could…
- use the environment to make electricity (e.g. if it’s in a sunny place you could include solar panels)
- reduce waste (e.g. by reusing materials or even using waste for energy e.g. poo-power!)
- include examples of eco-friendly activities (e.g. instead of watching TV, recycle paper to make origami)
- have a garden or some other space for food
- use the energy from exercise to help power it (e.g. running / cycling machines)
We hope you have started to think about your entry, because the deadline is the 21st March.
Written by Danny and Kiri, Y4