The New Committee
Hello everyone from the new committee. Sadly, the old committee has moved on but to our delight a new one has risen with Carole as our advisor. This morning at quarter past eight our first committee meeting began by watching this OK Go video, which was epic! It was in zero gravity and they were squirting paintballs everywhere (they weren’t really in zero gravity, they were freefalling in a plane). If you jumped, you would fall but the plane would be falling with you.
The Lab_13 committee has lots of plans for the year ahead and some of these will be difficult to pull off but we will try extremely hard. Some of our ideas are:
· In Black History Month we will have a competition where you draw and research a black scientist
· Host a Science Cinema
· Make our Science Spectacular more interactive (for example include a game like Science Pointless)
· Organise a Day of Science
· Write a Lab_13 Gillespie Anthem
· Make a radio controlled car (home-made)
· Make positive signs to put up in the lab
Gillespie is going to be involved in a mosquito research project, which involves identifying mosquitoes in our local area. We don’t have a name yet for our project but if you have an idea then please inform Carole or one of the Lab_13 committee.
Written by Danny and Naomi (Y5)